This video focuses on the mass shooting in Las Vegas and PTSD.
All of the money made from ads on this video will be given to the gofundme found here: https://www.gofundme.com/lovearmylasvegas
In addition, here is information on how you can donate blood: https://goo.gl/vKGwHb
PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) is a mental illness that some people develop after witnessing or experiencing a life-threatening event.
PTSD can be caused by (taken from the DSM-5):
1. Directly experiencing a traumatic event
2. Witnessing, in person, the event as it occurred to others
3. Learning that the traumatic event occurred to a close family member or close friend.
4. Experiencing repeated or extreme exposure to aversive details of the traumatic event.
The most common symptoms of PTSD are:
1. Flashbacks. Feeling like we are back in that event and it’s happening all over again
2. Hypervigilance. When we are completely on edge, jumpy, and constantly aware of all that’s happening around us. This is done to keep us safe and prevent the event from happening again, but it can lead to adrenal fatigue and mental health issues.
3. Struggling with negative thoughts. Feeling like the whole world is bad and not trustworthy. This can even express itself through lashing out of becoming angry at loved ones.
4. Avoiding situations or things that remind you of the traumatic event.
PTSD has no age limit or requirement. But there is hope, and there are treatment options available.
1. Trauma-focused therapy like Somatic Experiencing, EMDR, talk therapy and even DBT.
My videos with Alexa: https://youtu.be/z8oDU3dy7Xg?list=PL_loxoCVsWqyg4x9m6VqUfz0PmYaZIR0p
2. Prolonged Exposure Therapy: You go over and over the traumatic event until it doesn’t have any emotional charge for you.
3. Medication. SSRI’s & SNRI’s are found to be the best options for treating the symptoms of PTSD. Talk to your doctor if you want to consider this option of treatment.
I am so saddened by this event, and I hope for healing and love for those affected by this atrocious act of evil. I love you all. xox
News links to information on the shooting in Las Vegas:
A BIG THANK YOU to my Patreon Patrons. Without you, I couldn’t keep creating videos. xoxo https://www.patreon.com/katimorton
I’m Kati Morton, a licensed therapist making Mental Health videos
Business email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download my workbooks:
visit Itunes and search for Kati Morton
Books and other things I recommend:
PO Box #665
1223 Wilshire Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90403
Help us caption & translate this video!