Anxiety is an emotion characterized by Feelings of tension, Worried thoughts and Physical changes like increased blood pressure.
Anxiety involves the anticipation that a future threat may arise.
People with anxiety disorders usually have recurring intrusive thoughts or concerns. They may avoid certain situations out of worry. They may also have physical symptoms such as sweating, trembling, dizziness or a rapid heartbeat.
Types of Anxiety Disorders:
– Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
– Panic Disorder
– Specific Anxiety Disorder
– Social Anxiety Disorder
– Separation Anxiety Disorder
@The Brainy Mind
1. Anxiety Disorders. American Psychiatric Association. Accessed from https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/anxiety-disorders/what-are-anxiety-disorders.
2. A List of Psychological Disorders. verywellmind. Accessed from https://www.verywellmind.com/a-list-of-psychological-disorders-2794776.
Thankyou for watching!
#psychotech #anxiety #anxietydisorder #mental_disorder #psychopathology #psychology