+ STYLED BY: ISET STYLE https://www.facebook.com/IsetStyle/
*I am not a licensed medical practitioner* I am an Empath discussing Mental Health in the Black Community in context for Infinite others who Know there is more to the surface. 🍃There is the seen & the unseen & within it reveals what each has the silent capacity to feel, listen, know, transmute & then be as one Movement in Tradition.
The following is a Quote from Star Trek The Next Generation S1E1: “And did your failure to notice it make it unwelcome?” I love this quote because simply it summarizes that: just because one does not have the capacity to see something that is already present, does not nullify its preexistence.
The Dagara Cosmology of Burkina Faso & the Dagbon Tradition of Tamale, Ghana for me reaffirmed my innate knowing. I always knew that Indigenously Speaking we have Nature, Spirit, Ancestors as our Guide.
With that said we all have a responsibility to heal ourselves 1st & let that healing be a reflection in every person/place we interface with. Knowledge of Self aligns to our Ancestral Purpose/Mate & we commit to building on the Traditional Foundation together.
The trademark of an Empath is feeling & absorbing other people’s emotions/physical symptoms because of their ability to sense subtleties. These people are sponges they absorb & filter the world through their intuition & have a difficult time verbalizing their feelings. When overwhelmed with the impact of stressful emotions, empaths may experience panic attacks, depression, chronic fatigue, food, sex/drug binges or exhibit many other physical symptoms that defy traditional diagnosis.
How to know if you are a Natural Born Empath?
1. People Point Out That You Are Highly Sensitive.
2. You Feel Other’s Feelings.
3. Negativity Overwhelms You.
4. Being in Crowded Places Overwhelms You.
5. You Possess A Strong Intuition.
6. You Have a Low Threshold for Pain.
7. You Have Strong Physical Awareness.
8. You Avoid Negative Media Images.
9. You Can Easily Tell When Someone Is Lying.
10. You Are More Sensitive to Stimulants/Medications.
11. You Often Show Up with the Symptoms of Those Around you.
12. You Can Attract Narcissists.
13. You Are the Dumping Ground for the Problems of Others.
14. You Often Feel Fatigued.
15. You Have a Very Vibrant Inner Life.
16. You Are Sensitive to Sounds & Sensations.
17. You Don’t Like Too Many Things at Once.
18. You Manage Your Environment.
19. You Don’t Like Showboats & Selfish People.
20. You Can Almost Feel the Days of the Week & Months of the Year.
21. You Are a Great Listener.
22. You Get Bored Easily.
23. You Tend to Be An Introvert.
24. You Might Avoid Intimate Relationships.
25. You Are Replenished by Being in Nature.
26. You Have A Huge Heart.
27. You Are a Truth & Knowledge Seeker.
28. You May Be Prone to Shifts in Mood.
29. You Tend to Tell It Like It Is.
Intuitive Empathy: An Explanation for some Bipolar Individuals?
http://joydegruy.com/ Dr. Joy DeGruy wrote her book based on her research of the Effects of Slavery & Institutionalized Racism, Mental Health relative to African people of the Maafa & Diasporas. The book is called Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome P.T.S.S. (similar to P.T.S.D.): it is a condition that exists as a consequence of multi-generational oppression of Africans & their descendants resulting from centuries of chattel slavery. A form of slavery which was predicated on the belief that African Americans were inherently/genetically inferior to whites. This was then followed by institutionalized racism which continues to perpetuate injury. P.T.S.S. incorporates her research in both America & Africa, as well as her over twenty years of practical experience as a professional in the field of social work, she gives a practical insight into various cultural/ethnic groups that form the basis of contemporary American society. https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/the-empaths-survival-guide/201704/the-power-being-earth-empath
CONTEXT: Is at the forefront of every conversation I have, as humans we can find it easy to not listen, hear, feel, & understand where a person is coming from. Who feels it knows it, & that is fundamental to Empaths. Assessment by a medical practitioner who is mandated to abide by the laws of the land & checks the boxes on the surfaces & labels you without discerning to contextualize your experiences as the individual, that in my respective opinion is dangerous & not contingent upon holistic truth. It is not the entire story & reason for the persons mannerisms before you. Therein lies the work. https://www.elephantjournal.com/2017/10/why-empaths-could-be-wrongly-diagnosed-as-bipolar/