Tim Kennedy is possibly our most requested guest of all time. A former UFC fighter, special forces soldier, star of Hunting Hitler and Hard to Kill, founder of Sheepdog Response and Ranger Up – he holds black belts in BJJ, Japanese jujutsu and Matt Larsen’s Modern Combatives. He is truly one of the most extraordinary human beings you might ever meet.
In this episode we talk about:
· What it was like growing up with a family that refused to accept mediocrity, and a Dad who stole a plane full of cocaine from Pablo Escobar.
· The relentless pursuit of an exceptional life and how they pushed him to greater heights in his military career
· The impact that being blown up by an IED and fighting desperate life-or-death battles in war had on his psyche as a professional MMA fighter
· Why he still deploys to combat zones now as a 40-year-old husband and father running 6 successful businesses
· Tim’s thoughts on managing PTSD from firsthand experience
· The origin and mission of Sheepdog Response
If you’d like to hear more from Tim, bonus content from this episode is available at our Patreon.
You can check out this episode on our website: www.violencepod.com
LISTEN ON APPLE PODCASTS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/managing-violence-podcast/id1441934641?mt=2&uo=4
LISTEN ON GOOGLE PODCASTS: https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy83Y2NlMDAwL3BvZGNhc3QvcnNz
Thanks for listening.
Make sure to subscribe and leave us a review so you never miss future content.
Want to check out the bonus content for this episode and others? www.patreon.com/managingviolence
Check out our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvJgyuUe-wxu-ii88QEc2Zg
Follow Joe on social media: