Do you know what PTSD or post-traumatic stress feels like?
Can you imagine?
Trauma is often defined as a terrible event that outweighs a child’s (or adult’s) ability to cope (National Child Traumatic Stress Network, 2015). This inability to cope often leads to mental health challenges such as anxiety, depression, and even personality disorders such as borderline personality disorder, narcissism, or avoidant personality.
Even more, trauma can interfere with our ability to develop and maintain healthy relationships (work, marriage, friend, family) and appropriate social interactions. Trauma can also affect development throughout the lifespan and lead to a lifetime of emotional lability (“switchable” emotional states or moods).
In this video, I will briefly explore the physiological aspects of trauma and detail what PTSD really feels like. This is part-1 of 2 videos.
I welcome your comments, questions, and experiences.
1. Traumatic bonding https://blogs.psychcentral.com/caregivers/2015/09/9-signs-of-traumatic-bonding-bonded-to-the-abuser/
2. Trauma Counseling https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/trauma/what-is-trauma-therapy-and-how-does-it-work/
3. Journaling https://psychcentral.com/lib/the-healing-power-of-writing-a-therapists-guide-to-using-journaling-with-clients/
4. Healing from trauma https://youtu.be/3QziN-ftYtk
5. “Girl on fire” suicide survivor: https://youtu.be/jy04XUjHVbE
Learn what this 4-week series is all about:
I’m Támara, a licensed and nationally certified mental health therapist, with over 11 years experience. I specialize in helping children, teens, and families with mental illness. I also treat psychological trauma in children, teens, and adults.
If you’d like to contact me, you may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail me stuff!
PO Box 113
Bridgeville, PA 15017
Twitter – @therapisttee
Website – www.anchoredinknowledge.com
Blog – blogs.psychcentral.com/caregivers
#childhoodtrauma #PTSD #tamarahilllpc
*New videos Mondays & Fridays with a periodic bonus video on Wednesdays!