# What happens physically when near a narc or in PTSD :
1. Lets look at what happens physically when we are near a narcissist or if we are reliving the damage done to us by the narcs and flying monkeys.
2. When we are in such unsafe situations, it triggers our sympathetic nervous system. This is also called as our fight or flight response.
3. What happens in the long term, if this happens. It inhibit saliva, digestion slows down – not break down food properly. Liver will release glucose causing diabetes. Heart beats faster increasing blood pressure. Adversely affects kidneys, intestines and bladder.
4. Small animals pretty much live in this state of being.
5. How do we counter this? We try to activate our parasympathetic nervous system. This is also called a the rest and digest nervous system. It is the state in which you feel relaxed and at peace.
6. The sympathetic and the parasympathetic nervous system form a part of the autonomic nervous system.
7. At one time, one or the other part takes most part in regulating the bodily behavior. Parasympathetic of the nervous system is controlled by the vagus nerve. So stimulating the vagus nerve will help us stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system.
Diagram : https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/9f/8c/05/9f8c059025375bd62590249af49e0651.jpg